Public Opinion Needed: Pro License/Supporter Pass

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Public Opinion Needed: Pro License/Supporter Pass

Another topic which has been discussed many times over the years on Football Identity!
    The pro license feature (previously called supporter pass) is a monthly payment which grants the user some bonus perks/features. However, it should not allow users to gain an in-game advantage - no pay 2 win pls :minglee:

What features would you like to see? How much do you think it should cost?
    Be as creative and as crazy as you want!

One idea I always thought would be good is granting a "subscription slots" based on the type of membership, or in this case Pro License, which is purchased. For example say there are 5 levels of pro licence each one, starting at level 2, would grant an additional free slot for the life-time of the subscription. A little thank you for continued support. However if a user doesn't renew or drops down a level they lose that slot associated with that subscription level.
    To this day remains my greatest achievement of my FID career.

Comment

Yeah I like the principle - to reward committed users
      Ideally we would just give little perks occasionally if they are regularly purchasing pro license. Maybe that's credits to pay for a slot, some cosmetic items or something else

Comment

These are very dependent on what you plan to implement into the game, but anyway:

- If you're planning to have something similar to training camps during the pre-season, allow people with a SP to have a free one each pre-season.
        - Don't know how positions are going to work in this game, if it's gonna be similar to FID at all. But if there's still positions assigned to players and stuff, if someone has SP for 365 days straight, grant him an AP that he can then put on a future new character. Do this for every 365 days people have SP in a row.
        - Similarly to above, for every 365 days with SP some other things could be granted (credits equivalent to a 3-month slot or something, just an example).
        - As in FID, the ability to create an older character at the expense of some XP.
        - Enhanced scouting tools as a manager? As in, you can do great scouting without the tools anyway with some effort, this would just make it easier.

If there is bot control, I believe it should not be locked behind a pay wall, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Mini Miudo View Post
          If there is bot control, I believe it should not be locked behind a pay wall, though.
          This wouldn't be applicable till teams are introduced in the 2nd release, but happy to discuss that now. In FID, controlling bots was pretty much the only reason anyone bought supporter pass.
          So firstly, we want to have more than just one "premium" feature available to users who buy the pro license. The question is if we let all managers control bots for free, would there be enough of a reason for people to buy pro license? I guess it depends how good those other perks are :P It's something we'll have to trial and look at over a period of time.

Comment

You will need to make great effort and smart ideas to "make" people buy pro license if they can move bot, without it.

I totally agree with the principle to award committed members!!! I can't think yet, how. But totally agree.

A think you should give them, is a right and well formed "Personal Trainer". Don't hide it in a tab like FID. Put it in the side with a reminder notification if "the player" wants.
            If someone didn't put the training for the next 3 days in the personal Trainer, give him a reminder!
            Example: Bing bing (sound and pop up on the side). Picture of a personal trainer with the quote "Hey, I am your personal trainer. You forgot to tell me the schedule for the next 3 days. What do you want to train?"
            And to finish my Idea :P you can award the most committed members by giving them extra days of training after 6 months (for example) of subscription.
            For example: After 6 months of subscription you get 1 extra day by your personal trainer! subscribe for 2 years and you will get now the 3 extra days!

Sorry for my English but I think you get the idea! I am giving examples to see exactly how I have it in my mind!

Comment

Originally posted by Tirath View Post
              This wouldn't be applicable till teams are introduced in the 2nd release, but happy to discuss that now. In FID, controlling bots was pretty much the only reason anyone bought supporter pass.
              So firstly, we want to have more than just one "premium" feature available to users who buy the pro license. The question is if we let all managers control bots for free, would there be enough of a reason for people to buy pro license? I guess it depends how good those other perks are :P It's something we'll have to trial and look at over a period of time.
              I guess. But I think bot control is too much of a vital feature in some instances, especially when people run late for games for one unexpected reason or another. If it doesn't look appealing enough, I guess putting bot control into SP is ok, just not ideal.

Comment

Originally posted by Wazzaa View Post
                You will need to make great effort and smart ideas to "make" people buy pro license if they can move bot, without it.

I totally agree with the principle to award committed members!!! I can't think yet, how. But totally agree.

A think you should give them, is a right and well formed "Personal Trainer". Don't hide it in a tab like FID. Put it in the side with a reminder notification if "the player" wants.
                If someone didn't put the training for the next 3 days in the personal Trainer, give him a reminder!
                Example: Bing bing (sound and pop up on the side). Picture of a personal trainer with the quote "Hey, I am your personal trainer. You forgot to tell me the schedule for the next 3 days. What do you want to train?"
                And to finish my Idea :P you can award the most committed members by giving them extra days of training after 6 months (for example) of subscription.
                For example: After 6 months of subscription you get 1 extra day by your personal trainer! subscribe for 2 years and you will get now the 3 extra days!

Sorry for my English but I think you get the idea! I am giving examples to see exactly how I have it in my mind!
                I think the personal trainer (way improved from FID) could be a great addition. To expand on this, I think it should work like alarms on smartphones. As in, you can create a training command for each character and assign a skill to train. Then you can choose, as in alarms, if you want it to repeat daily, just every wednesday or not at all. And of course, you can have more than one at once, so you could have one that repeats every wednesday, one that repeats every Thursday, etc. Would mean you don't have to train at all if you set this up in a manner that pleases you in the first place.

Comment

I guess. But I think bot control is too much of a vital feature in some instances, especially when people run late for games for one unexpected reason or another. If it doesn't look appealing enough, I guess putting bot control into SP is ok, just not ideal.
                  Yeah but it is easily resolved by having subs on bench. We imagine teams will have bigger squads, as you can play multiple tournaments at once.

The personal trainer stuff is something we have already thought about and will be much easier for users to use ogchamp:

Comment

Yeah but it is easily resolved by having subs on bench. We imagine teams will have bigger squads, as you can play multiple tournaments at once.

The personal trainer stuff is something we have already thought about and will be much easier for users to use ogchamp:
                    Ok T, you got to the point of bench and subs, well i and not only me encountered crap situations when manager din.t show to the mach- no assistant present also.
                    3-4 subs on the bench for nothing and played all mach with bots.
                    please consider about this situation
                    thanks

Comment

Yeah, it's a bit harsh though if someone runs 10mins late because he was stuck in traffic or something and when he jumps on has already been subbed off.

Comment

Originally posted by Cristian1980 View Post

Ok T, you got to the point of bench and subs, well i and not only me encountered crap situations when manager din.t show to the mach- no assistant present also.
                        3-4 subs on the bench for nothing and played all mach with bots.
                        please consider about this situation
                        thanks
                        We've discussed allowing a captain to make subs and changing formation. Not confirmed though.

Yeah, it's a bit harsh though if someone runs 10mins late because he was stuck in traffic or something and when he jumps on has already been subbed off.
                        Yeah I know it sucks. By the time of the 2nd release, we'll have quite a lot of data to look at to see if we need to charge people for bot controlling or if we can afford to give it for free.

Comment

Been out the game for a while with all sorts, so here is my long awaited returning post :O

Viking: The levels of subscription is great, I like that. Obviously we will need more thought behind what we give away and when but that's definitely possible, and great idea. As T said, rewarding long time users is something that we want to do because that's a two way street - they keep us in business, we keep them interested.

Mini's first big post:
                          - 1 training camp a season? Probably more than fair.
                          - Additional Position for a year, also probably fair and tbh fits our model better than it does FID.
                          - Ultimately that's just pushing up the cost of the SP. Maybe something similar to the betting thing FID had, but straight credits into your pocket I don't agree with.
                          - That's likely to be a standard feature, I wouldn't hide that from normal users.
                          - If we can get something similar to the tool that people had anyway integrated into the game, I'd like that.

Now the big one as already mentioned :P Bot Control. As it stands on FID, I don't think I would've bought the SP without it and that reasoning is strongly linked in my head. I'm also acutely aware that the main reason that was an issue was because of squad management which stemmed from wages - we're looking to change that drastically, so you shouldn't just have a squad of 11, which means bot control should be rarely used - as long as you're not a lazy manager. Because of that, I would probably like it to remain "locked behind a pay wall", because it is a very nice tool - but it is not one that a team needs to thrive. Organization, back up and communication are all free and are better than bot control.

Comment

It would be nice to have chance to buy characters slot that never expires, or expires in like 100 y ( like some DLC content , maybe add some cosmetics to that dont care about that) . So think about giving us chance to buy slots that never expires, its would be nice ... Ofc its would cost some solid money.

Comment

Originally posted by IndyBre View Post
                              It would be nice to have chance to buy characters slot that never expires, or expires in like 100 y ( like some DLC content , maybe add some cosmetics to that dont care about that) . So think about giving us chance to buy slots that never expires, its would be nice ... Ofc its would cost some solid money.
                              Yeah I see no reason why we can't add this in Indy

Comment

Working...
                              X