Main Release: Player Wages

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Main Release: Player Wages

Following on from last week's team finances discussion, the spotlight has moved to player wages. What can you do with wages earned? Are wages capped by age? How do wages affect footballer training?

A common complaint/request on the FID forums was to be able to use the wages earned on something meaningful. We’ll have cosmetic items which you can save up for, but it would be cool to have something else. Any ideas? Maybe a large amount of wages earned could be converted into credits which you can use to extend slots or buy pro license.

We don’t really want to cap wages. We want to give managers the flexibility to use their money how they please. If they want to lure a big name with a tasty wage packet, why stop them? If the manager thinks they can balance the books then it’s their choice. If the club runs out of money, then the wages for all players stop… so the player needs to think twice before blindly accepting the highest wage offer. Something James proposed in the team finances topic was to have a wage cap for a team depending on the level of the club. I like that idea.

Finally, how should wages impact player training? I think player training should depend on three factors: age, wage & club training ground. The general trend would be as the footballer gets older, wage & training ground becomes increasingly more important. Do you think we should be considering any other factors?

To clarify, the wage cap I suggested was only as a short term measure when a new club/new manager comes into a club to stop people from burning through a new club's finances in order to boost a player's training. If that length of time is a month, I feel that would easily take care of it - especially if we are limiting the creation of clubs to players over a certain rating.

That being said, a new club might need to be the one who is overpaying for younger talent in order to attract them to the club so again - it's a fine balance. Maybe a month is too long, maybe 2 weeks is adequate. Maybe there is something else we can put in place to assure the longevity of a manager in a club so that we don't need to cap them. Any suggestions to that would be great.

Feel free to post how you think training formulas should work. I already have a pretty clear vision in my head already, but always looking for new suggestions so I won't post mine here yet.

Comment

Have a cap of where the wages will stop allowing a player to improve any further, but allow teams to pay their players over that wage, that way if they want a player then they can pay them more but they burn through their finances, rather than being able to afford a load of really good players due to a wage cap.
      To this day remains my greatest achievement of my FID career.

Comment

It's not the most unreasonable idea Viking, because we're hoping to have things to actually spend the wages on. However, I think there's a decent argument to be made that there should be some improvement to training if you go over the cap. Emphasis on some, like FID. If 1m gave you 1.3 stat improvement at 20, 1.1m gave you 1.31 and 1.2 gave you 1.32. That's the sort of slight improvement I'd be looking at. Nothing major, nothing game breaking - but it's something that you could stomp your feet for if you were that type of player, and maybe it's something that would turn your head to move to another club.

Comment

I like all the ideas so far and don't really have anything to add, sounds promising.

Comment

Originally posted by Mini Miudo View Post
            I like all the ideas so far and don't really have anything to add, sounds promising.
            What ever Mini said :P

Comment

I'm gonna need to start posting some borderline mental scribblings for our next topic and see if you all agree with that.

Comment

I don't really like it that wages influence training. It seems unrealistic that a player with higher wage trains harder. Isn't it more common that someone who gets the big contract tries less hard?
                I understnad there needs to be some incentive for players to want high wages and I don't really have a better idea how to do this than training. So I basically just posted this because you guys wanted someone to disagree.
                You're welcome

Comment

I always imagined it similar to how Zlatan trains. With his extra dollars, he hires his own physiotherapist and things like that to make him perform better overall. I guess if you're slumming it in the Conference North you're probably unlikely to afford those things.

Comment

Yeah, that sounds about right. So why not make something similar in the game.
                    The normal training in the club just depends on the club facilities (and age) but with the money the player can buy a personal trainer to get a boost to one attribute or something like that.
                    That way it's also easier for new users to realise the importance of wage, when they see what they can buy with their money. I don't think every newcomer in FID realised that wage influences training.

Comment

That just sounds like the same thing with extra steps though. I don't see the point in having the same outcome, but making people do extra things. If that had been a thing in FID, I'd have killed people if I had to suddenly do an extra 3 clicks per day per character.

The point you say about people not realising that wages boosted training is more important I think, and you're right about that. It will be something that is explained and won't just be word of mouth knowledge as we were used it.

Comment

Originally posted by Wickerbasket View Post
                        I'm gonna need to start posting some borderline mental scribblings for our next topic and see if you all agree with that.
                        I've argued enough in past topics. xD

Comment

Originally posted by Wickerbasket View Post
                          The point you say about people not realising that wages boosted training is more important I think, and you're right about that. It will be something that is explained and won't just be word of mouth knowledge as we were used it.
                          Yeah there will be a lot of things in the "main release" that will need explaining. Wages will definitely be one of the key topics

Comment

Originally posted by Mini Miudo View Post

I've argued enough in past topics. xD
                            Well yeah, but I think it makes the topic, ergo the game, better.

From a a personal standpoint I've never understood why any idea should be censored from public forum. Racism, paedophilia, whatever other things I think are horrendous I'm always more than happy to see them debated because as far as I'm concerned they're the easiest ideas in the world to argue against.

Not to call you little racist perverts, but if we can't defend our ideas from people's debate and discussion they shouldn't be in the game.

Comment

Hi, my first post since I was registered on the Forum. But I was waiting for this topic.
                              So, what do you think about Bonus system directly impacting your training progress with much more effect than regular wages? What I mean is that if you performed really well during the official game you get such Bonus and not otherwise. Your match rating should be much harder to earn (not like everybody having 10s as we had in FID). But if you get MoM, or rating above 7, 8, 9, or best player on your position in the match day, you should be rewarded with extra points in training pro rata to your achievement. Would be important for young players, but even more for the old player whose stats are decreasing with age.
                              Needless to say that this feature should be dependent on the opposite team's UDP.

Comment

Working...
                              X