No announcement yet.

Main Release: Stadium and Training Ground

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hum... Not sure it's something that would work. Unless staying at the club you started with for a certain amount of time grants you an additional position or a fresh new set of boots (or other cosmetics) that you cannot otherwise buy? Not sure better training would be fair or good as no one would ever wanna move teams, as mentioned before.

Speaking of homegrown, is chemistry as seen in FID going to be in this game? If so, it would be nice that if you return to a club you've played for before, you have no chem pen (or, rather, you have as much chem pen as you did when you left).

Comment

James suggested that maybe you only get this homegrown bonus if you were at the club when it was low level. If you start your career at a high level club, then you wouldn't get any homegrown training bonus.

Here's an example of what I'm thinking:
      • Player A signs their first contract for a recently created team called Panthers. Panthers are part of a tournament and have stable UDP but don't have the funds to upgrade their facilities yet. As Player A grows fond of the club, his performance improves in training and he gains a small training boost. As Panthers league performances improve over the seasons, they gain the funds to upgrade team facilities. As Player A has been with Panthers since they started from the bottom, he still maintains the small training boost even though their facilities are now at a good level.
      • Player B signs their first contract for the well established team Royal Titans. Royal Titans have very good team facilities and play in high level tournaments. Player B does not gain any homegrown training bonus even though Royal Titans is his first club.

I think this encourages experienced users to play with inexperienced teams as they could benefit from the homegrown training boosts if they can guide their team to glory. However, if the team remains at a fairly low level then some players are likely to leave at some point when the team is unable to provide them with sufficient wages.
      If you join a big team as a youngster like player B, you are basically guaranteed "max" wages and good training facilities so there is no need to give any other bonus.

Comment

Would the bonus be big or what? Because it sounds ok, in theory, but in practice, a lot of great users could create a new club and they'll end up with way better characters than most people (because being good, they're likely to be able to improve their facilities quicker than other teams and they'd keep the boost).

Comment

As a correction to my idea, they'd have the boost from the start - no growing into it. They would be Home Grown the second they signed.

Mini - the boost, in my eyes, would not take them higher than the facilities boost. So if you had top facilities and HG, it would be the same output as top facilities and no boost.

And regarding chemistry, yeah we've talked about it and I think we came to the conclusion it would be based on time. Was a while ago though. I disagree with having less chemistry due to rejoining a team, simply because of things like Calin used to do with his manager. People will team jump to help out a team, we can't encourage that when we already have the ability for people to join a party together and go play in quick match in my opinion.

Comment

The rate at which a club can grow is generally much slower than how quickly a player ages. There are only 2 realistic scenarios I can see this producing a really strong player:
            1. You join a club who will essentially idolise you and do everything to keep you happy. You would be earning significantly higher wages than other players in the team and the club would only focus its funds on increasing the training ground.
            2. You join a club (maybe with a group of experienced friends) and extremely over perform - like a team of 18-19yo winning a big tournament against teams with 25-30yo players. Then your team might have enough money to support the wage increases and facility upgrades. But this is obviously quite a risky strategy as you are trying to fast-track your way to success and if you have a bad season then you won't be able to afford everyone's wages.

It's unlikely that a team will be able to upgrade its facilities every season, especially if the wage budget increases with players getting older.

Comment

Not without selling said players to raise cash to boost facilities.

Comment

Originally posted by Wickerbasket View Post
                As a correction to my idea, they'd have the boost from the start - no growing into it. They would be Home Grown the second they signed.
                Stop ruining my beautiful story James :babyrage:

Obviously you are homegrown as soon as you join the club, but does it make sense to give them the bonus straight away? Then smaller clubs youngsters are going to be stronger than big club youngsters which isn't very logical. They should just be equal for their first year. After the first year then the other factors come into it like training ground boosts and wages will start to matter more.

Comment

Mini - the boost, in my eyes, would not take them higher than the facilities boost. So if you had top facilities and HG, it would be the same output as top facilities and no boost.
                  Yeah, I like that. Sounds good!

As for chemistry... I guess it would open up to abuse. What about Loan deals? Could be a good idea. You set up a loan with another team (duration can be: half a season, 1 season, 2 seasons...), you'll still have chem pen when you join them, but the teams can set up a buying option if they wish and if the team decides to buy the player at the end of the loan, then some chem pen will already have worn off. If they don't decide to buy them (or if it's a loan without buying option) then the player just returns to his original team without chem pen. There should also be a call back option (if there is no buying option I guess) where the player returns from loan earlier as his team need him and the easy way to stop people from abusing the call back option is you can't loan a player out twice in the same season.

Comment

T, might have our wires crossed. I'm talking about a boost directly to training, not to stats. Say the boost is a 50% boost to the facilities aspect of training, a player joining a bigger club with level 6 facilities as his second club would be on par with a HG player at his first club with level 1 facilities. That's how I'm picturing it anyway.

With it being a boost to training, it also means that the player can complete the majority of their early years training and then move to another club without destroying anything.

Comment

T, might have our wires crossed. I'm talking about a boost directly to training, not to stats. Say the boost is a 50% boost to the facilities aspect of training, a player joining a bigger club with level 6 facilities as his second club would be on par with a HG player at his first club with level 1 facilities. That's how I'm picturing it anyway.

With it being a boost to training, it also means that the player can complete the majority of their early years training and then move to another club without destroying anything.
                      Yeah but as training ground will have little to no impact to 18 year olds as per earlier discussions, then the players with the "homegrown" training boost in low level clubs would train faster and be stronger on their 19th birthday.

Originally posted by Mini Miudo View Post
                      As for chemistry... I guess it would open up to abuse. What about Loan deals? Could be a good idea.
                      That takes us on quite nicely to the next topic lined up. Transfer market ogchamp:

Comment

Looking forward to it.

Comment

But again, seems there are two paths.

1) player joins a great club, with great facilities. Too high for HG bonus, but irrelevant because they're training well anyway.

2) player joins shit club, has HG bonus. This would bring him up to a certain level of training so he wouldn't be stronger, only same level.

Only downside is if someone team jumps a lot early on, so I'd propose same thing FID had with chemistry, what ever club you're in on your 19th birthday is your HG club. Helps people if they get stuck in an inactive club early on.

Id also amend it so that HG wasn't a set boost - it would just bring you in line with level 6 facilities or whatever.

Comment

Only downside is if someone team jumps a lot early on, so I'd propose same thing FID had with chemistry, what ever club you're in on your 19th birthday is your HG club. Helps people if they get stuck in an inactive club early on.
                            Yeah exactly

Id also amend it so that HG wasn't a set boost - it would just bring you in line with level 6 facilities or whatever.
                            Well, if you were part of the squad to boost your club from zero to hero... I'd say that is a pretty awesome achievement. I wouldn't want to cap it really. Obviously it will need a bit of tweaking as we go along, but that's expected with these kind of things

Comment

So only two kind of facilities are planned, stadium and training ground, right?
                              I would like to have some more to give teams more options to go in different directions.
                              For example a youth training ground that is cheaper than the normal one,
                              but gives its effect only to players younger than 21.
                              Or some specialized training facilities that give a small boost to one specific skill for all the players in the club.

Comment

Yeah only 2 currently planned, but we're open to other ideas
                                However, I don't want to add one in unless it adds something exciting or challenging to the managers job. I like your thinking, but they just feel a bit too similar to what we currently have.

Comment

Working...
                                X