X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wickerbasket
    replied
    Originally posted by Tirath View Post
    Some clubs may take that approach, but we know some users just enjoy playing with their friends and don't want to split up. I don't really want to punish them for sticking together.
    Then obviously they take the long distance route and don't level the youth academy :P

Leave a comment:

• Tirath
    replied
    Originally posted by Wickerbasket View Post
    But if you're selling players at 21 for a decent price - which you should be really - then that money should be more than covered. It'll take the power of maths, but I think there could be a balance that could be struck.
    Some clubs may take that approach, but we know some users just enjoy playing with their friends and don't want to split up. I don't really want to punish them for sticking together.

Originally posted by Mini Miudo View Post

That's not a bad idea. But what about a bunch of great users (equivalent to me, you, Calin, etc. with Silent Assassins late FID) creating a team from scratch? Will their chars not become broken then if they can rapidly increase their facilities while also having the HG bonus?
    Not really because the club facilities won't be able to get from level 1 to level 10 in the lifespan of our characters. Being able to support all our wage demands would be very tough as well, unless we were constantly winning tournaments with big prize pools (very unlikely if we are playing with 18yo against teams with 30yo chars).

Leave a comment:

• Mini Miudo
    replied
    Yeah we might just have to turn off the homegrown perk for the first year of the main release, otherwise the first generation of players in the best teams will just become much stronger than the rest as you said.

After the first generation is too old and the next generation is born, that's when the homegrown bonus really comes into effect. You can start from the bottom again, to get that homegrown bonus with a small club... but you may need to move clubs if your club can't support your wage demands and isn't developing fast enough. The safer option is to join a more established club but you may not get as much game time and you won't be getting the homegrown bonus.
    That's not a bad idea. But what about a bunch of great users (equivalent to me, you, Calin, etc. with Silent Assassins late FID) creating a team from scratch? Will their chars not become broken then if they can rapidly increase their facilities while also having the HG bonus?

Leave a comment:

• Wickerbasket
    replied
    But if you're selling players at 21 for a decent price - which you should be really - then that money should be more than covered. It'll take the power of maths, but I think there could be a balance that could be struck.

Leave a comment:

• Tirath
    replied
    The problem is, it becomes very hard for a team to then get out of being "just a feeder club" as they would have invested a lot of the money in the youth facility.
    I think there is something we can do around youth players, but this doesn't feel right to me.

Leave a comment:

• Wickerbasket
    replied
    I really like this topic.

Yeah only 2 currently planned, but we're open to other ideas
    However, I don't want to add one in unless it adds something exciting or challenging to the managers job. I like your thinking, but they just feel a bit too similar to what we currently have.
    It was a youth facility that could also be run that was cheaper than the training ground, you could have managers who would be going down the route of being a feeder club to begin so they can build up the club. I'd have no issue with that, and it looks like a nice idea.

Regarding not starting with the HG bonus - I could get behind that. There's no real reason for it to be in when everyone is on the same footing in my opinion.

Leave a comment:

• Tirath
    replied
    Yeah we might just have to turn off the homegrown perk for the first year of the main release, otherwise the first generation of players in the best teams will just become much stronger than the rest as you said.

After the first generation is too old and the next generation is born, that's when the homegrown bonus really comes into effect. You can start from the bottom again, to get that homegrown bonus with a small club... but you may need to move clubs if your club can't support your wage demands and isn't developing fast enough. The safer option is to join a more established club but you may not get as much game time and you won't be getting the homegrown bonus.

Leave a comment:

• Mini Miudo
    replied
    Well, if you were part of the squad to boost your club from zero to hero... I'd say that is a pretty awesome achievement. I wouldn't want to cap it really. Obviously it will need a bit of tweaking as we go along, but that's expected with these kind of things
    I think having a cap would be better, as James suggested. No cap is going to be a problem, especially at the start of the game when new teams are created and pretty much everyone has homegrown bonus. Your idea would just make the rich get richer, as the better teams would improve their facilities quicker AND get the homegrown on top, so the smaller teams would never be able to catch them, so the gap between them would just get bigger and bigger. Now if the max level of facilities was 15 and homegrown bonus gave you an improvement of 5 levels worth of facilities (these numbers are just examples, of course), but with a cap of level 15, it would mean those great teams don't become even better than the worse ones for such a long period of time.

Again, this would be a problem mainly at the start of the game. However, it would also occur every time a new team with great users is created.

Leave a comment:

• Tirath
    replied
    Yeah only 2 currently planned, but we're open to other ideas
    However, I don't want to add one in unless it adds something exciting or challenging to the managers job. I like your thinking, but they just feel a bit too similar to what we currently have.

Leave a comment:

• MikeB
    replied
    So only two kind of facilities are planned, stadium and training ground, right?
    I would like to have some more to give teams more options to go in different directions.
    For example a youth training ground that is cheaper than the normal one,
    but gives its effect only to players younger than 21.
    Or some specialized training facilities that give a small boost to one specific skill for all the players in the club.

Leave a comment:

• Tirath
    replied
    Only downside is if someone team jumps a lot early on, so I'd propose same thing FID had with chemistry, what ever club you're in on your 19th birthday is your HG club. Helps people if they get stuck in an inactive club early on.
    Yeah exactly

Id also amend it so that HG wasn't a set boost - it would just bring you in line with level 6 facilities or whatever.
    Well, if you were part of the squad to boost your club from zero to hero... I'd say that is a pretty awesome achievement. I wouldn't want to cap it really. Obviously it will need a bit of tweaking as we go along, but that's expected with these kind of things

Leave a comment:

• Wickerbasket
    replied
    But again, seems there are two paths.

1) player joins a great club, with great facilities. Too high for HG bonus, but irrelevant because they're training well anyway.

2) player joins shit club, has HG bonus. This would bring him up to a certain level of training so he wouldn't be stronger, only same level.

Only downside is if someone team jumps a lot early on, so I'd propose same thing FID had with chemistry, what ever club you're in on your 19th birthday is your HG club. Helps people if they get stuck in an inactive club early on.

Id also amend it so that HG wasn't a set boost - it would just bring you in line with level 6 facilities or whatever.

Leave a comment:

• Mini Miudo
    replied
    Looking forward to it.

Leave a comment:

• Tirath
    replied
    T, might have our wires crossed. I'm talking about a boost directly to training, not to stats. Say the boost is a 50% boost to the facilities aspect of training, a player joining a bigger club with level 6 facilities as his second club would be on par with a HG player at his first club with level 1 facilities. That's how I'm picturing it anyway.

With it being a boost to training, it also means that the player can complete the majority of their early years training and then move to another club without destroying anything.
    Yeah but as training ground will have little to no impact to 18 year olds as per earlier discussions, then the players with the "homegrown" training boost in low level clubs would train faster and be stronger on their 19th birthday.

Originally posted by Mini Miudo View Post
    As for chemistry... I guess it would open up to abuse. What about Loan deals? Could be a good idea.
    That takes us on quite nicely to the next topic lined up. Transfer market ogchamp:

Leave a comment:

• Wickerbasket
    replied
    T, might have our wires crossed. I'm talking about a boost directly to training, not to stats. Say the boost is a 50% boost to the facilities aspect of training, a player joining a bigger club with level 6 facilities as his second club would be on par with a HG player at his first club with level 1 facilities. That's how I'm picturing it anyway.

With it being a boost to training, it also means that the player can complete the majority of their early years training and then move to another club without destroying anything.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X