Main Release: Draft League

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Main Release: Draft League

It was something new we tried in the final season of FID. Generally the feedback was positive and people enjoyed playing with a different bunch of users. I'm not sure if it would be in the main release straight away or if we release it a bit later down the line, it depends on the priority of other features!
    For the main release, it would be great if the draft league could be more automated and not rely so heavily on me & James. I had some ideas which I discussed with James a while back, so I'll walk you through the general plan and see what you guys think.

A user would register for the tournament and would have to pay some credits. We'll probably just charge the price of a normal character slot, but it makes sure only committed/serious users are going to apply. We'll figure out a sensible way for people to use multiple characters. The number of characters you play with may change depending on the requirements of the team, so we shouldn't take too much money from you upfront incase it's not required.
    What are people's thoughts on managers being allowed to have footballers in their team? We didn't allow it for the FID draft league.

So once a sufficient number of users have signed up and the managers have been selected, we would have a draft room similar to the fantasy draft room. Basically, it's just a clean UI for managers to see users available in the draft and maybe we can sort them by preferred position. We're trying to avoid having loads of google sheets and manual effort from our side.

When the teams have been filled, users will be able to create special draft characters rather than 18yo. I guess we can give the tournament organiser the choice of what age characters should be?
    After characters have been made, the tournament will be played out like normal and the tournament format can be decided by the tournament organiser.

Things get interesting at the end of the season. My idea is that the characters are destroyed and users can opt in/out of playing the next season with fresh characters if the tournament organiser wants to run it again. For the following season, new managers would now have stats on users who played in previous season(s). How would you handle new seasons for draft tournaments?

Originally posted by Tirath View Post
    My idea is that the characters are destroyed and users can opt in/out of playing the next season with fresh characters if the tournament organiser wants to run it again. For the following season, new managers would now have stats on users who played in previous season(s). How would you handle new seasons for draft tournaments?
    Destroying the characters.. Is good for those who opt out but those who will be playing next season just allow them to make certain skill changes (adjustments like in FID) . By awarding some bonus skill points.
    just a suggestion.

Comment

Originally posted by Karmanya View Post
      Destroying the characters.. Is good for those who opt out but those who will be playing next season just allow them to make certain skill changes (adjustments like in FID) . By awarding some bonus skill points.
      just a suggestion.
      The characters would be a lot stronger than regular characters, so it would be unfair to let people use them in regular games.

Comment

Originally posted by Tirath View Post
        The characters would be a lot stronger than regular characters, so it would be unfair to let people use them in regular games.
        I meant that the Characters who are going to continue next draft season should not be destroyed. Other characters who opted out of draft league shall be destroyed.

Comment

Working...
        X