No announcement yet.

The £10 to £10000 challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, two things... first of all my third go started well, the bet I posted before came through as well as a live bet on Roma to beat Milan when it was 2-0

But I've just realized I'll have to quit doing this challenge because of the god damn german laws Since I live in Germany, 5% of all my returns from bets are automatically taken away for tax reasons. Now usually that's not a huge issue, I do bet a lot and tend to not think about the tax issue too much... but, when playing such low odds as the ones in this challenge, it basically means that I'm making almost no profit whatsoever when the bets come through. If I bet 10€ on something with odds 1.1 I would usually return 11€, but then the taxes take 5% of that, 55 cents, so the real return for me is 10.45€ - I'm losing more than half my profit.

Never considered this before because I never play such low odds - but sadly I can't keep doing this challenge until the laws change Would be up for something else betting-related though.

Comment

Oh damn that sucks

Comment

Well, I'll start a new challenge that makes more sense for me, trying to double up my money all the way from 1€ to 1000€. Should take 10 bets with odds of about 2 each to get there :P So Tirath doesn't have to be all alone here

Starting with a live hockey bet

E: Well that went to hell Will see if I find something else tonight
        Last edited by villeeee; 08-05-17, 09:22 PM.

Comment

Lmao Villeee :feelsbadman:
          I'll join you on the £1 to £1000 challenge

Comment

I feel like having a 2-0 lead, Juventus will shut it down just like they did in the return leg vs Barcelona. Under 2.5 goals feels like a good bet in that one.

Comment

Todays bet is the Juventus Vs monaco in Juventus victory DNB in 1.26. I know its really high but in my opinion, considering the first match, it will be easy win for Juve.

Comment

If Monaco get an early goal it could be an exciting match. But I suspect Juve will grind out a low scoring win.

Comment

I don't think predicting a Monaco side that needs a win to be a low scoring game, but each to their own :P

Comment

Then James, Over 1.5 is a bet or you :P (1.26)

Comment

mm , beting for weekend i bet next matches
                      -------------------------------------------------
                      1.Crystal Palace : Hull City X
                      2.Tottenham : Manchester United 2
                      3.Evreton:watford X
                      4.FSV Mainz 05:Eintracht Frankfurt 1
                      5.Atalanta:AC milan 2
                      6.Partizan:Vozdovac 1
                      7.Ath.Bilbao:Leganes 1
                      8.Real sociedad:malaga 1
                      ---------------------------------------------------